I’m Pablo Caro. I’m currently working as IT Security Person. I like learning, hacking, tinkering, very hot coffee, some videogames, and music; among others. Sometimes, I am known as pcaro90 on the Internet.
Some cool things I’m doing, or I have done, or I can do:
- I like solving boot2root machines and finding creative solutions to programming problems, such as the the Cryptopals Crypto Challenges and Project Euler.
- I have some certifications, including OSCP, OSCE and GREM (CTF winner, coin holder!).
- I maintain my own micro-datacenter, which I use to self-host several applications, as well as to learn and practice about new techs.
- I created Hermit, my very own monospaced font, because I didn’t quite like the rest.
- I implemented SHA1, AES and the AES S-Box/Galois Field/Rcon using pure Python, just for learning and fun.
- I can solve a 3x3x3 Rubik Cube in ~1 minute.
- RootedCON 2020 - “Password Cracking in the Modern Age” (Spanish).
- CCN-CERT XIII 2019 - “I know your p4$$w0rd (and if I don’t, I will guess it…)” (with Jaime Sánchez).
- RootedCON 2019 - “I know your p4$$w0rd (and if I don’t, I will guess it…)” (Spanish) / (English) (with Jaime Sánchez).
A lookup table for MD5, NTLM, SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512 hashes, with more than 12.6 billion entries.
After the password crackaing study and talk “I know your p4$$w0rd (and if I don’t, I will guess it…)” Jaime Sánchez and I did for RootedCON 2019, everything was published in this repo so everyone can use the results.
A monospaced font designed to be clear, pragmatic and readable.
These are the configuration files I use to feel like home everywhere.
- Python SHA1 implementation: A pure Python SHA1 implementation, as defined in FIPS-180-4.
- Python AES implementation:A pure Python AES algorithm implementation, as defined in FIPS-197. Demo included.
- Python AES base generator: This script generates the S-Box, Galois Field lookup and Rcon tables used in the AES algorithm.
- Color Factors (demo): This is the demo I submitted to the JS1K 2013-spring competition.
- pyCollisions2D: A tiny Python (PyGame) elastic collisions simulator.